Jersey City, New Jersey
Harvard Law School (Juris Doctorate)
John Hopkins University (Bachelor of Arts; Phi Beta Kappa)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Southern District New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District New York
- Trustee of the Harvard Law School Association of New Jersey (HLSA). HLSA President (2007-2008); HLSA Vice President (2006-2007); HLSA Secretary (2005-2006).
- Member of the Hoboken Chamber of Commerce’s Economic Development Committee.
- Recognized as a New Jersey Rising Star by Super Lawyers.*
- Competes in half and full marathons.
Overview of Jason Orlando’s Career
As Of Counsel at Strasser Asatrian, Mr. Orlando advises clients on various areas of the law including corporate governance, state and federal regulatory and compliance matters.
In addition, Mr. Orlando is currently a named Partner in Murphy Orlando, LLC, practicing in the areas of business litigation, government law, criminal defense, and land use. Mr. Orlando is also an Adjunct Professor at Rutgers School of Law-Newark, where he teaches State & Local Government law, and a registered government affairs agent at Impact NJ, LLC.
A former Deputy Attorney General for New Jersey, Mr. Orlando has several years of experience in both government and the private sector. Mr. Orlando served as a Special Assistant to former Attorney General (and current Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court) Stuart Rabner and former Attorneys General Anne Milgram and Zulima Farber. As a member of the Executive Staff, Mr. Orlando advised the Attorney General on legal, policy, and administrative issues including elections, Internet safety, high intensity drug trafficking areas, combating child pornography, and Attorney General Law Enforcement Directives.
Mr. Orlando’s private sector experience includes working as a Litigation Associate at Lowenstein Sandler PC and at Dewey Ballantine LLP (now Dewey & LeBouf LLP). At these firms, Mr. Orlando represented a vast array of clients including Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, closely-held corporations, and individuals.
Mr. Orlando is a Past President of the Harvard Law School Association of New Jersey and continues to serve on its Board of Trustees. Notably, he served as a White House Intern under President Clinton.
* No aspect of this communication has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.